Monday, July 25, 2016

Travel day reading reflections

Today's alarm went off at 3am so I  could shower and get a cup of coffee before heading to the airport. My sweet husband was kind enough to take me at 3:45.

It is dark that early in the morning.


It was dark the entire first leg of the flight, until the last bit when the sun starting showing up on the other side of the plane.


Though I slept mostly on the first flight, I read on the second one. I brought one of the many piled and stacked books on my waiting list for this trip: Starting Something New: Spiritual Direction For Your God-Given Dream by Beth Booram. I had highlighted the book in a newsletter awhile back and Beth sent me a copy.  There are so many connections in this book. I find myself identifying with quite a bit.

I have found many great nuggets already--quotes from other authors and information from Beth. This book is going to challenge and encourage me.

Here are two quotes from today's reading:



As I reflect today on the thoughts from this book, I also came across a picture and something I wrote with it two years ago as the retreat ended in Buffalo, MN at Christ the King Retreat Center.


"When faced with an overgrown path between yourself and a destination, look closely for the hidden worn path of travelers gone before and follow their steps.  If no such step or opening exists, it may be time to forge the path for others.~d" July 25, 2014

Putting it all together is there a theme?

I don't know just yet. What I do know is that I have come for some time apart, to listen to the One Voice. I am setting aside time and space to listen and reflect.

What that means and where that leads.... we will see. That is part of the great adventure!

Blessings on your journey!

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment