Monday, July 4, 2016

The changing of the journals

I sit outside in the patio this morning, enjoying a cup of Costa Rican coffee, the fountain, the birds, and an ever slight breeze.

As I journal my thoughts in my "Advice From A Mountain" journal, the dreaded moment comes. There is no more paper. It is over. But it isn't.  Not knowing when I might finish this journal, when I happened upon "Advice From a Tree" at the Master General Store in Waynesville, NC last year, I picked it up.

Since 2010 my journals have been nature based. I picked up "Advice From A River" and "Advice From A Mountain" in Cape San Blas on a girls trip to the beach.

You can find blog entries about both of these journals within my blog, so I won't say too much about those themes.  (I have also picked up t-shirts that are nature based: "Advice From A Mountain" and "Advice From a Waterfall".  You'll find those in the blogs too.)

[Advice From A River..Go with the Flow-- 7/29/11]
[Advice From Nature-- 6/10/13]
[From the River to the Mountain-- 9/19/13]
[Follow the trails of the wise ones-- 7/22/14]


I will say that each theme has fit where I was in life at the moment, giving me additional support and strength to continue the journey.

As I finished "Advice From A Mountain" this morning, I am somewhat sad to let it go. Among other things, it has reminded me to stand in the strength of my True Nature, rise above it all, and climb beyond my limitations.

How very fitting as I finish this journal, that I was handed a heart rock yesterday morning at church by one of the members. She had found it on a recent trip to Louisiana. She knows that I love nature and creation and see hearts everywhere.


This heart rock reminds me that I will continue to learn and grow from the mountains and rocks.

The journal ends with these pages:



As I transition to my new journal, what advice from nature will be my guide?


"Dear Friend,
Stand Tall and Proud
Sink your Roots deeply into the Earth
Reflect the Light of your true nature
Think long term
Go out on a limb

Remember your place among all living beings
Embrace with joy the changing seasons
For each yields it's own abundance
The energy and Birth of Spring
The Growth and Contentment of Summer
The Wisdom to let go like leaves in the Fall
The Rest and Quiet Renewal of Winter

Feel the wind and the sun
And delight in their presence
Look up at the moon that shines down upon you
And the mystery of the stars at night
Seek nourishment from the good things in life
Simple pleasures
Earth, Fresh Air, Light

Be content with your natural beauty
Drink plenty of water
Let your limbs sway and dance in the
breezes
Be flexible
Remember your Roots

Enjoy the View!"

As someone who thoroughly enjoys the Creator's handiwork and connects with the Creator through creation, I look forward to my continued journaling journey with this journal by Ilan Shamir.

Blessings on your journey,

Debra

P.S.-- If you're interested in these journals, check out their website: Yourtruenature



No comments:

Post a Comment