Monday, August 15, 2016

One never knows...


This morning as I drink my coffee on the patio, listening to the waterfall, I read what was going on this day in the past.

One catches my attention, in particular, from 2012 on this day August 15: "Stepping (way) out of my comfort zone and writing/sending a letter to someone who owns a house that keeps calling me for ministry purposes.  I'm hoping that "be bold and courageous" wasn't just for Joshua back in the day....."

Ah, The brick house on Hixson Pike. I wrote the letter to the owner and sent it. I never heard anything back. When I sent that letter, I didn't what would happen. All I knew was that I that hiuse wouldn't leave me alone.

I did go to the house and visit the owners when it became a hair salon. They did well for a while. It is now a tattoo shop. Every now and then the little brick house still whispers to me. I continue to pray blessings over it as I drive by. However, I recognized that occupancy is one of those dreams that one let's go of..... In that house I saw ministry... Bible studies, activities, a place to be, knit, crochet, play music, share life, drink coffee, learn English, who knows what else..... it could have become anything. Yet it wasn't to be. It takes money to make some dreams come true. Money wasn't what I had, just a dream.

But, I followed through with the nudge I had, because one never knows. What if the owner read my letter and felt nudged by the Spirit to join in the adventure?! I can only do my part, follow the nudges I am given.

Today at lunch ("Engage Rossville") I will learn about some new things that are happening in Rossville, GA in the faith community. I am looking forward to hearing those things. Where will I plug in? Where will the churches I serve get involved? I don't have answers to that yet.

I do know that I continue to see good things happening. Therefore, I will continue to walk by faith, to trust in the nudges I have, and be bold and courageous in living into the calling.

Live into the nudges, because one never knows....

Blessings on your journey,

Debra

P.S. As I finish writing this, I look up and see this cloud formation. To me it looks like a big hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment