Monday, July 23, 2012

God speaks through Jesus Calling over and over again...

On Tuesday July 17th, I left at 4:30 am for my journey to the Life Enrichment Center in Fruitland Park, FL for Academy session #5.  I leave early because I prefer to slip through the Atlanta area prior to stand-still traffic.  The total travel time for that day was 9 hours and 40 minutes.  Not bad for stopping in Gainesville, FL at Jason's Deli for lunch.

Since I got up at 3:30 am and left at 4:30 am, I didn't do any devotional reading prior to my leaving.  Instead, I spent time in the car with music in Spanish and English throughout the trip.

After arriving, settling into my room, and starting the first day of the Academy, I was finally able to get to my devotion when I returned to my room at bed time.

When I opened up Jesus Calling  by Sarah Young to see what was there for July 17th, I chuckled and thought 'how appropriate' for the first day of my Academy week as I read the first line: "COME AWAY WITH ME for a while.  The world, with its nonstop demands, can be put on hold." (208)  The first line of the 3rd paragraph also caught my attention: "I have called you to follow Me on a solitary path, making time alone with Me your highest priority and deepest Joy." 

These Academy weeks are commitments of high priority in my life of times to get away and spend time with God the Father, Christ the Son, and Holy Spirit so that I might hear more clearly and grow in my relationship with my Creator. 

What perfect timing for these words, this devotion.  Though I only highlighted two phrases of the devotion, it is packed with more.  The challenge for me is to intentionally take the time to get away EVEN in the midst of the busyness of my life and day.  To quieten my heart, mind, and soul for some moments apart.  Not just quarterly, not even simply daily, but ongoing... as needed.  Whether I am able to get off into the woods or build a fire in my fire pit or not, I need to find ways to make the alone time happen. 

It can be done.  I know that from experience.  My hope and goal is to live into it more often.

This is partially how my Academy week began, with these thoughts from Jesus Calling.  There is more..... thoughts on the discussions, alligators and seeing Jesus (the Jesus Doll). 

May you make time to get away to be alone with the Creator on your journey!

Blessings!

~Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment