Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kingdom Thoughts from Angry Birds


A few weeks back, it struck me that Angry Birds could be an analogy for the Kingdom. 

For me, it was one of those light bulb, a-ha moments.  Some of you might differ in opinion.  That's okay.  We can see Kingdom things in many places when our eyes are open.  And, often, the way we see the analogies isn't how someone else will see them or relate to them.

Each Angry Bird is unique in color, shape, and gift.  They have a specific task that they can fulfill based on their ability.  Together, they can conquer those pigs who have stolen from them.  To me, this is the Body of Christ.  We are multi-colored, multi-cultured; we are various shapes and sizes; and we are gifted differently.  Together, we can conquer the enemy who has stolen from us.

Some analogies lose strength if taken too far.  And, I'm not sure how far I could take this anyway.  But, it was a thought I had a few weeks back in June (June 19th to be exact) and thought I'd share it.

As for the game Angry Birds.... it's something I tried to stay away from for a while.  But, last semester with my studies, it became my reward and study break.  My daughter is the one who introduced me to the game, having put a few apps on my phone.  So, I guess it's because of my daughter that I was even able to come up with the Kingdom thoughts about Angry Birds. ☺ 

Where do you find Kingdom analogies?

Blessings on your journey!

~Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment