Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quotes for reflection....

Shalem Institute has posted several quotes over the last few days on their Facebook page (along with pictures) that have caused me to stop and think.  I share them here for your reflection.

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." ~T.S. Eliot
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It is possible I am pushing
through solid rock,
like the vein of ore
encased, alone.

I am such a long way in
... I can see no way through and no space.
Everything is close to my face
and everything close to my face is stone.

I don't have much knowledge yet in grief,
so this darkness makes me feel small.
You, be the Master;
Make yourself fierce; break in.
And then your great transforming will happen to me
And my great grief cry will happen to you.

Rainer Maria Rilke
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I have lived on the lip
of insanity, wanting to know reasons,
knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.”
― Rumi
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
"Mystery: it is all around us, and we do not know it.... But sometimes when we give it time and space - whether in deep peace or great anguish - it will come up behind us, or meet us face to face, or move within us, changing the way we see everything, and filling our heart with joy and an upspringing of love that needs no direct object because everything is its object."
~Mary C. Morrison in Let Evening Come
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
"There is a depth...in you called the Centre...the Bottom of the soul. This depth is the unity, the eternity, of your soul;... it is so infinite that nothing can satisfy it or give it any rest but the infinity of God."   ~William Law
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
These quotes (and/or poems) caught my attention [along with the pictures with which they were posted].  There are thoughts here that resonate within my heart, mind, and soul.  Thoughts that cause me to reflect.
 
When you read these, what captures your attention?
 
Blessings on your journey.
 
~Debra
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment