Monday, July 23, 2012

Wham Bam! Reality hits hard.

Well, I'm back home from session #5 of the 2 year Academy.  And since wifi wasn't working in the building in which I stayed, I didn't get a chance to write out my thoughts and reflections via posts.  So, I will probably be posting several posts in the next few days to clear out my heart, mind, and soul a little bit.

I drove home yesterday in my "rolling sanctuary" (car).  Without traffic jams or accidents I made decent time, getting home in 9 hours and 25 minutes (give or take a few).  I was able to debrief some, relax, listen to music, etc. on my journey home. 

The brick wall of reality hit during my drive home with the bombardment of text messages from my step-son (and/or his communicator on his behalf) and the notice from my phone carrier (upon my arrival home) that I am over the limit and have accrued charges.  [NOTE:  I chose to ignore his texts, even during rest stop breaks.  Yet one cannot help but notice the constant buzzing of the phone.]  I thought I would try to call him to see if he wanted to talk.  If only my step-son would answer the phone.  Yet, in this cycle he is in, it won't happen.  We live around his cycles.  The bizarreness of it all, along with the hatred toward family, can be overwhelming at times.  Thankfully, we are a team of four seeking to deal with the situation:  his mother and father as well as me as step-mom and his step-dad. 

That is one part of reality.... Now that I'm home, there are MANY things that require my attention.... not to mention my family, household chores, phone calls that came during my absence, a phone call I need to make to the West Coast, phone calls to friends here, ETC.  WHEW!! 

So, there wasn't much transition time beyond my rolling sanctuary this trip.  However, I am grateful for that time to have been as pleasant and as peaceful as it was!

Now, before I go any further in this day, I am going to have another cup of Costa Rican coffee and spend some time with God.  Maybe then I will be better prepared to deal with whatever comes my way today.

Blessings on your journey!

~Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment