Saturday, July 14, 2012

Keep Walking the Path...

Hiking Path at Camp Lookout, taken 2011.

Have you ever second-guessed where you were heading or wondered if you were truly on the right path?  I have.  It's something that comes to mind off and on for me.  Though it seems right for me to no longer be a full time language educator, I have questioned where I'm heading.  Part of that questioning is that I cannot fully see.  I know where I am now.  I am at 53 hours of the 96 required for the M.Div.  I have been approved and supported by the Staff Parish at my local church and by the local church.

The next step for the former is to keep on taking classes.  But, I need to be careful in taking them because I need to have 1/3 of the total on campus (the rest I'm taking online via the EXL option).  So far, I have 3 credits on campus.  It hasn't worked out to take more yet, though I'm hoping that this upcoming Academy session works out to be an Independent Study as well, as one of the Faculty is also an Asbury seminary Faculty.  If this works out, this can give me another on campus course.  The next step on the latter will be to meet with the District committee at some point. 

There are days when I wonder why I'm putting so much time, money, and energy into this degree and why I'm here in the first place.  It is in those times that I need to go back and remember how I got here.  I got here by listening to the Voice of Truth, the One who Called me, my Creator.  Both the calling back into seminary and the calling to begin the Ordination journey were clear callings to me.  Could I still be wrong even if I think I clearly heard?  Yes, there is that chance.  I've made quite a few mistakes in my life.  Yet there were affirmations at the time, and since....

Even so, I still question.  Maybe it's because all the other voices have gotten louder again and I can barely hear the Still, Small One.

This morning, I opened up Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace In His Presence by Sarah Young to see what God might have for me today, this 14th of July.  And, this is why I was prompted to write.

Here is what I read:

"KEEP WALKING with Me along the path I have chosen for you.  Your desire to live close to Me is a delight to My heart.  I could instantly grant you the spiritual riches you desire, but that is not My way for you.  Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain.  The journey is arduous at times, and you are weak.  Someday you will dance lightfooted on the high peaks; but for now, your walk is often plodding and heavy.  All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction.  Though the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend.  Stay on the path I have selected for you.  It is truly the path of Life." (205)

Scripture references: Psalm 37:23-24; Psalm 16:11

Wow!!  That was timely in my life.  Okay, okay, I get it God.  I will keep walking the path and simply take the next step. 

How about you?  When you doubt, remember to simply take that next step.  Remember to keep walking the path that God has chosen for you.  Live close to God.  Cling to God for strength and direction. 

Blessings as you continue your journey,

~Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment