Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Enjoy life!


This morning's devotion (August 13) from Sarah Young in Jesus Calling starts out: "Learn to enjoy life more."  I can get into that!  I enjoy life for the most part, most of the time, as it is.  To 'learn to enjoy life more' sounds like a wonderful opportunity for more adventure!

The very next word in the devotion, however, is "relax".  Wait a minute!  How am I supposed to learn to enjoy life more if I'm supposed to relax?!?!  Relax is one of those difficult words in my vocabulary, though I have learned to live into it more in the past several years.   What helps me most when it comes to "relaxing" is the concept of "letting go".  When I am able to let go of things that are not mine to carry or things that are out of my control, it is much easier for me to relax. 

The devotion says: "Relax, remembering that I am God with you."  That is the key to relaxing, remembering that God is with me, us.

Another line in the devotion that caught my attention this morning was: "When you walk through a day with childlike delight, savoring every blessing, you proclaim your trust in Me, your ever-present Shepherd."

The "childlike delight" resonates with me. ☺ I don't always savor every blessing, but I try to be intentional in keeping a focus that reflects more joy and delight than having an outlook that is sour, dour, and negative.

How can I enjoy life more fully? From the devotion today, "The more you focus on My Presence with you, the more fully you can enjoy life."

That doesn't sound too difficult.  It is a matter of focus.  Sometimes, it is a matter of re-focusing. ☺

Since my desire is to live and enjoy life to the fullest, I hope to be able to keep my focus on the One who can carry my burdens, help me relax, show me how to relate to others, etc. 

How about you?  Are you enjoying life?  Are you living life to the fullest?

Blessings on your journey!

Debra



No comments:

Post a Comment